Wednesday, January 28, 2015

So, about this blog..

I have decided this blog will mainly be about things I find humorous....and food.... I really like food. So, good thing I have a funny story combining the two! Now, as you probably have seen, I am Italian.  And blonde. Yeah. It's my mother's side that's Italian, which means if you don't love great food and eat large portions, you are either sick or will be scolded for apparently being on a diet you did not realize you were on. Anyways, we make great food. We're all very close on my mom's side, a lot of loud, unruly cousins and we all love to see each other. So, my cousin confessed this story to me on Christmas. He likes to cook and his food is phenomenal. He would bring his leftovers to work for lunch, keep it in the fridge and eventually some rat fink started eating it. Not all of it of course, just bits at a time, here and there. It started with pasta con broccoli and the last straw was when someone ate half of his salsiccia from Steve's Hot Dogs on the Hill. (which I recommended, that place is great.) Now my grandfather always said, "There's only 2 things Italians love...Spaghetti and Revenge." So my cousin did the unthinkable. He laced his food with laxatives to catch the culprit. Yes, yes, he really did. A direct quote from him was "enough laxatives for a man to give birth." After another two days of his food being picked over, the man finally came over and yelled at him because he caught on to my cousins scheme. In the end though, they both had a good laugh over it and the man apologized and said he would never again steal Anyone's lunch after that debacle. So a word to the wise, don't ever f*ck with an Italians food.  

And here's the link to the webpage for Steve's Hot Dogs On The Hill in case anyone was curious and likes food as much as I do.steveshotdogsstl.com 
Fun fact for ya, The owner is actually Steve Ewing, the lead singer from The Urge, a band from St. Louis. 

4 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    That story actually made me laugh out loud. We have a refrigerator here at work for our food also and have issues with people taking other peoples food. I will have to keep this in mind if my food goes missing again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you liked it and that I could help ;)

      Delete
  2. That is hilarious! If your post are going to be about food and funny things, I'm sure I'll be waiting for your post all week, Who doesn't love food and a good laugh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can live up to the hype haha!

      Delete